These Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Muffins are a wonderful breakfast treat to grab on the go, or as an afternoon snack with your coffee. They are also another great way to use up those ripe bananas. This recipe uses wholesome ingredients, is very easy and comes together pretty quickly
These are fluffy and light muffins on the inside and have a crunchy sweet topping of chocolate chips and chopped walnuts on the outside.
You can make about 8 larger muffins with this recipe so I use a six muffin tin, but you can easily use a standard 12 unit pan. I also prefer to use muffin liners or parchment paper as it makes it a lot easier to clean the muffin tins after. That part is absolutely the only thing I don’t like about muffins!
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs blended
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups baking flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400. Line muffin cups with liners or grease with nonstick spray or butter. I prefer to use the muffin liners as it makes for much easier cleanup.
- Add softened butter to a large bowl and blend until smooth. Add in the sugars one at a time and blend into butter until evenly mixed and smooth.
- Fold in blended eggs, vanilla and milk and mix well.
- Mash bananas with a potato masher or fork until they are well blended. Pour bananas into the butter mixture and stir with a fork or whisk until evenly mixed.
- In a separate smaller bowl combine sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir dry ingredients together until well blended.
- Pour dry ingredients into the banana mixture in 3 portions, blending until mixed evenly.
- Set aside a couple of tablespoons of chopped nuts and chocolate chips for muffin topping. Pour remaining into the main muffin batter and stir well.
- Pour batter into muffin cups to about 2/3 full. This batter will make about 8 large muffins or 12 or so smaller muffins.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and walnuts topping on each muffin.
- Place muffins in the oven and cook for about 7 minutes on 400 degrees. Turn down to 350 degrees and continue cooking for about another 8 minutes or until golden brown and tests dry with a toothpick.
Leave a Reply