This easy Broccoli Mushroom Quiche comes together quickly and easily. This is a tasty vegetarian main dish with broccoli, mushrooms, onions, eggs, and cheese. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
In this recipe, I use a frozen prepared pie crust as it is simple and fast to put together but you could certainly use a homemade pastry recipe if you like.
Broccoli Mushroom Quiche
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets pre-cooked to crisp-tender
- 1 9-inch deep-dish pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp butter
- ⅔ cup sliced mushrooms
- ⅓ cup diced onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Start by precooking the broccoli to just slightly tender. You can do this in a saucepan with water or in the microwave.
- Place the prepared pie crust on to a cookie sheet. This is just in case it overflows a bit and will be easier to remove from the oven when baked. Place the pre-cooked broccoli in the pie crust and spread evenly to coat the bottom of the crust.
- Top the broccoli with half of the grated cheese.
- Place butter in a frypan and bring to medium heat to melt. Add onions and mushrooms to the pan and cook until mushrooms are slightly browned and onions are softened.
- Pour the mushroom and onion mixture over top of the brocolli cheese mixture in the pie crust
- Combine the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized bowl and beat until well mixed and a little frothy.
- Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli mushroom and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Place the quiche in oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the eggs are firmly set and the quiche is lightly browned. Set aside for about 5 minutes prior to serving to let set before cutting.