This is a spicy, savoury chicken thigh kebab recipe that is really easy to make. I find boneless chicken thighs are really flavourful and absorb a marinade really well. They take a little longer to cook, but the reward is worth it. This marinade is similar to a Portuguese chicken marinade and has the same heat. It is wonderful on a bed of rice with a nice crispy fresh salad.
Spicy Chicken Thigh Kebabs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- Combine olive oil, paprika, onion powder, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper into a glass baking dish and stir until evenly blended.
- Cut chicken into even-sized chunks and add to the marinade. Stir to cover evenly.
- Cover and place marinaded chicken into fridge for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Once marinaded, remove chicken and thread evenly onto metal or wooden skewers.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat ensuring that the grill is clean and well oiled. Add kebabs to the grill and turn them regularly while cooking to ensure they are cooked evenly. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the thermometer reads 180 degrees. Let sit for about 5 minutes and then serve.