These yummy chocolate chip pecan cookies are jammed packed with flavour with every bite. Each cookie has a wonderful combo of nuts, chocolate chips, and chocolate chunks that make them incredibly decadent and an extra special treat. This recipe calls for pecans but can easily be switched out for walnuts or whatever nut you have in your pantry.
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Position the racks so they are 1/3 and 2/3 in the oven.
- Add the softened butter to a medium-sized bowl and beat with mixer until light and creamy. Add in brown sugar and then white sugar blending after each addition until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well into the mixture.
- Add vanilla and blend into mixture.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture into the butter-sugar mixture and blend at low speed.
- Set aside about 1/4 cup of the chocolate chunks. Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips and remaining chocolate chunks.
- Spoon even-sized tablespoons onto the cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Flatten a little bit with a fork and press the remaining chocolate chunks on the top of each cookie to add to a little extra chocolatey goodness to each bite.
- Pop in the oven and cook for about 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Transfers cookies out of the oven to some wire racks for cooling. Store in a cooke tin with parchment or wax paper between layers.