This is my favourite cucumber salad recipe! So light, refreshing and a perfect combination of cucumbers, vinegar, a sprinkling of dill, a little bit of sugar, and salt. SO simple that it literally comes together in a matter of minutes. This dressing works with any style of cucumber but my go-to for this salad are mini cucumbers shaved into ribbons.
The tart freshness of the dill goes great with salmon, burgers or grilled chicken. You can put it together and serve immediately or prep ahead and store in the fridge to serve a couple of hours later. One of the best summer salads!
Simple Cucumber Salad
- 3 Mini or Baby cucumbers shaved into ribbons
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp dried or fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar - or to taste
- Wash and clean baby cucumbers. Partially remove the skin of each cucumber with peeler. Shave remaining cucumbers into a glass bowl,
- Combine vinegar, dill, salt and sugar into a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour over cucumbers and still to coat evenly.
- You can either serve immediatly or chill to serve.