Flat Iron Steak
- 1 Flat Iron Steak
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
Steak marinade prep
- Rinse steak with water and pat dry. Place steak into a glass dish to prepare for marinating.
- Combine salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and smoked paprika in a small bowl and stir with fork to blend evenly.
- Spread and pat spice mixture evenly on both sides of the steak.
- Combine vinegar, olive oil, tomato puree, garlic and onions into a small bowl and mix until evenly blended.
- Pour liquid mixture over top of the steak and flip to make sure it is well covered. Cover and put into the fridge for at least 2 hours or longer.
Cooking the flat iron steak
- Once the steak is ready to cook preheat the grill to about 500 degrees. Place steak on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes per side and turning for grill marks at 2 minute mark. Cover and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Place meat on board and slice against the grain into thin strips. Serve immediately.