Granola Bars with Dried Fruit
- 1 1/2 cup Oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with foil. Spread oatmeal, walnuts and almonds on the cookie sheet and place in oven for about 6 minutes.
- Add crushed cornflakes to the oatmeal mixture and toss to combine. Place cookie sheet back in the oven and bake for about 5 more minutes. Remove from oven and pour the mixture into a large bowl. Use foil to line a 9" x 13" baking pan and spray with cooking spray or wipe gently with a bit of vegetable oil.
- Turn oven down to 300 degrees.
- Meanwhile combine honey, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and butter into a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a light boil on medium heat. Whisk continuously until all items are melted evenly.
- Pour honey mixture into the oat mixture and stir until evenly blended.
- Pour blended mixture into the prepared baking pan and smooth evenly using a spatula or large spoon to flatten.
- Return to oven and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Set aside and let completely cool for about an hour.
- Once cooled, lift the foil with granola from the baking pan onto a cutting board. Cut into even rectangular or square pieces. They can be stored in a tin in a single layer or wrapped individually to grab and go.