It’s late summer and this Peach Coffee Cake is a great way to use up fresh peaches that are so abundantly available right now. This moist cake calls for plain greek yogurt and has a wonderful blend of cinnamon, brown sugar, and of course ripe fresh peaches.
This version is finished with a creamy vanilla glaze and made in a round springform pan. To get a nice uniform drizzle prep the glaze in a small bowl and then transfer to a small plastic condiment bottle.
Fresh summery peaches and Greek yogurt make this peach coffee cake a perfectly moist cake you can serve for breakfast or dessert. If you like peaches and brown sugar goodness this easy peach coffee cake is sure to become one of your favourites!
Do you like baking with fruit like I do? Try these lemon berry muffins!
Peach Coffee Cake
- 4 peaches peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cups icing sugar
- 4 tsp cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 inch round springform pan.
- Peel and slice the peaches into even size pieces and place into a medium-sized bowl. Combine brown sugar, butter, cinnnamon, and flour and stir until well mixed.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and sift into a medium-sized bowl.
- Using a separate bowl combine butter and sugar and beat until fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time beating after each addition. Add yogurt and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- Add in flour to butter mixture in 2 or 3 portions and mix until smoothly combined.
- Pour the batter mixture into the bottom of the springform pan. Finish by pouring the peach mixture over the top of the batter and gently spread so that it is evenly distributed.
- Place in the center rack of the oven and bake for 45 minutes up to an hour, or until the cake is nice and golden brown. Be sure to test with a toothpick to ensure it is dry before removing it from the oven.
- Combine icing sugar, butter, cream, and vanilla into a small bowl. Using a mixer beat until all ingredients are smooth and creamy. Drizzle or spread across the top of the cake.