This is a wonderfully decadent chocolate tart with berries recipe that is not overly sweet but packs a big, dark chocolate punch. This recipe can be done in a full pie pan or as individual tarts. I prefer to use a large muffin pan tin as it makes six individual chocolatey packed tarts. The chocolate tarts are great for presentation as you can load them up with whipped cream and berries, but can also be a very special little treat you can drop off for someone special.
This recipe is very simple with fresh pure ingredients and is perfect with fresh Ontario grown strawberries and plump flavourful blueberries and freshly whipped cream. A wonderful top off for a special dinner. Not an everyday dessert, but certainly a very special treat for chocolate lovers.
Chocolate tarts with Fresh Berries
For tart base
- 1 1/2 cup ground oreo baking crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
Chocolate tart filling
- 1 cup 70% dark chocolate chunks
- 1 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup sliced strawberries and blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add melted butter to oreo crumbs and mix with a fork to combine evenly.
- Spoon equal amounts of the Oreo crumb mixture into muffin tins and press to fill the bottom of the tin. Using a glass you can press in until smooth with a small lip around each side. This should fill 6 large size muffin tins.
- Place in oven for 6 to 8 minutes to set. Take out and set aside.
- Pour whipping cream into a small saucepan and set on medium heat. Let the cream warm up to just very lightly boiling.
- Pour chocolate chunks into a glass bowl. Pour heated cream over top and let it melt for about 2 minutes.
- Once melted add vanilla and whisk the chocolate, cream and vanilla until well mixed.
- Add eggs to a small bowl or glass and beat slightly. Pour into the chocolate mixture and whisk evenly until smooth.
- Pour mixture evenly into each muffin tin. Bake in the oven for about 12 to 15 minutes OR until it is set and no longer jiggly. Take out of oven and set aside to cool. Remove from muffin tins onto a cooling rack to prep just before serving.
- Wash and clean strawberries and blueberries, and then drain to dry. Slice strawberries into the desired size and combine with blueberries.
- Add the whipping cream into a cool metal bowl and add sugar. Using a whisk attachment with a beater, beat until it has stiffen peaks.
- Transfer cooled tart to a serving plate. Put a dollop of whipped cream on top of the tart and spread evenly. Top with berries and serve.